The hair transplant procedure has been around since the 1950′s and started out looking more like a corn field being planted. But today hair loss surgery has evolved and involves moving hair follicles from one part of the body (usually the scalp) and planting them in the thinning or balding area.
Now this is not to say that hair implants are only for someone with thinning hair, but this type of non-invasive surgery is also used on eyebrows and eyelashes and other areas where hair may be desired.
Prior to the microsurgery the scalp is evaluated and the before pictures will be taken. You are also told what to expect from hair transplantation, if it is going to be one session or more and antibiotics may be prescribed to prevent the possibility of infection. You will also be told to refrain from smoking and alcohol since this may interfere with the healing process. The last thing you want to undergo all of this to then have the graft not take.
Hair implants from the donor area to the scalp
During the hair treatment procedure there will be groups of hair follicles since hair grows in groups, transplanted into the desired area. This way there will be an appearance of a more natural look once the hair fills in. How the hair will be removed and implanted can be done one of two ways while under local anesthesia.
- Strip Harvesting – this is when a strip of the scalped is cut into smaller pieces (grafts) and transported to the thinning area. Scaring is possible with the surgeical intervention and you can expect the recovery time to be about two weeks.
- Follicular Unit Extract – This is also known as FUE harvesting. This method involves taking the individual follicles from the donor location and introduced to its new location. The healing for this procedure is normally a week.
What to do after the hair loss surgery would be to follow all of the instructions given to ensure you heal properly. You can expect to see some drainage from both the harvested area and where the implants have been transported to. It may be suggested to stay out of the sun and not to shampoo for a couple of days to allow healing to take place.
At first you may even see some of the hair fall out, if it is excessive then you will need to contact your doctor right away. Otherwise once the new growth begins, somewhere in two to three months, the new hair will fill in nicely after the hair implants procedure.
Hair assessment and pricing
We have good news for those men interseted in hair transplantation. First is that free hair evaluation and assessment is available in several location is the UK and Ireland. Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and London are all hot spots for those wanting a new hairline design or male patients that want to get back the old look now can chose from different consultation places.
Second is that pricing is favourable when the hair loss surgery is done abroad – in Budapest, Hungary for instance you can save 50-60% on local costs. Hair transplant per graft costs €1.73 per graft or €0.79 per hair and the whole hair trip does not take longer than 3 days on average.
- leaves no scars
- is a non-invasive microsurgery intervention
- is a safe way to change hairline design
- the only way to get back your old look
- heals quickly (a couple of days)
- is painless
- gives totally natural look
- is affordable (low cost surgery abroad (Turkey, Hungary))
- the only lasting procedure to stop hair loss
- male patients get 100% satisfaction
- FUE SafeSystem is the latest in hair transplatation
- patients get written guarantee for the hair implanted
Hair transplant aftercare
After the hair loss surgery is done and you are satified with the results you may need to follow certain steps to look after your new hairline. Hair transplant aftercare is also an important part of the whole hair tratment session.